A Huge Warm Welcome to Reception at Oasis Limeside
Your child’s time in Reception will be organised so that they can choose from a range of activities and, in doing so, build up their ability to select and complete tasks. This is also known as Continuous Provision. The children are also helped and encouraged to take part in small and large group activities led by the teachers which introduce them to new experiences and help them to gain new skills, as well as helping them to learn to work with others.
We want the transition for your child into our Reception phase to be as smooth as possible, and therefore will do what we can to ensure they are ready for school and ready to learn whilst feeling confident and comfortable in our school environment. This includes visits to the academy prior to starting with us in September.
Meet the team
Our EYFS Leader is Mr Walker-Lewis.
Our class teachers are Mrs Walsh and Miss Haughton
Our teaching assistants are Mrs Anwar, Miss Ratcliffe, Mrs Harley and Miss Ellwood.
If you are interested in a place in our OUTSTANDING early years environment please phone the academy on 0161 688 7535 or email email@example.com for more information or to make an informal visit.
We look forward to sharing all our new and exciting news with you about all the fantastic things that happen in our Reception Classes!
The outside area is seen as an extension of the classroom and the above opportunities will be available outside as well as inside. Through all of our strands we aim to develop the children as they Play and Explore, be an Active Learner and to have Creative and Critical Thinking.
Areas within the Reception classrooms:
- a writing area containing various writing implements and papers as well as envelopes and examples of good writing
- a book corner containing a range of fiction, non-fiction, poetry and class made books
- a maths resource area which allows children to select appropriate items to help them solve practical problems
- a creative area containing resources for a range of art, design, music and technology activities
- a construction area containing resources for developing fine motor skills, social interaction and problem solving
- a small world area which allows children to extend fine motor skills, engage in imaginative play and develop language
- an area for sand, malleable materials (e.g. play dough) and water play, where children can engage in practical investigations
- a role play area which can be developed along themed line to cover several aspects of learning in “real life” scenarios
There are 4 key principles that underpin our practice in the Reception Classes at Oasis Limeside.
A Unique Child
We recognise that all children are different. We identify and celebrate their strengths and support their areas for development.
Our pupils interact well with each other and with the adults in the school. We encourage parents to be involved with their child’s education.
Our indoor and outdoor areas encourage exploration, investigation, and independent learning. Our displays and resources are well maintained and reflect current learning.
Learning and Development
Pupils achieve well and make good progress from their starting points. Learning is playful, practical, and purposeful and builds upon prior attainment.