Attendance and Punctuality
The Academy is committed to encouraging pupils to attend school regularly. We will work with parents and pupils to secure this aim.
- Academy doors open each day at 8.45am.
- Anyone arriving after 9.00am must bring their child to the office to sign in late
- Children arriving late after 9.30am (after register closes) will receive an unauthorised absence for the morning.
- Parent/carer MUST telephone school before 9.20am on the first day their child is not attending school due to illness and each subsequent day thereafter (unless a time of absence can be given on first day of illness eg: chickenpox).
- Failure to report illness before 9.20am on each day of illness results in unauthorised absence. 5 days unauthorised absence or more will be reported to the Education Attendance Service which, in classes Reception – Year 6 could result in a fine.
- Unauthorised absence will result in a fine and possible court proceedings.
- All children are working towards achieving their 100% attendance certificate (1 per term, 3 a year).
- We reward our children for good attendance and the class with the best attendance each week is announced in Friday achievement assembly.
- The school day finishes at 3.15pm. Anyone requiring childcare after this time can contact the after school club at the main office.
Pupils are required to attend school for 190 days each year Our whole school target for attendance is at least 97.5%.
Holidays in Term Time
The law states that parents/carers do not have the right to take their child out of the Academy for holidays during term time. In exceptional circumstances however the Principal may authorise a period of leave. On considering any request the Principal will take attendance figures into account. Any extra days will be recorded as unauthorised absences.
To request a leave of absence due to exceptional circumstances please write to the Principal or email firstname.lastname@example.org