Early Years Foundation Stage
The learning programme in our Nursery is based on the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum. Our aim is to provide holistic learning in a safe, happy and stimulating environment through which all children are challenged and make outstanding progress. To develop confident, happy children, equipped with foundations to nurture a lifelong love of learning.
We build confident communicators supporting every child as an individual across development in all areas of the Early Years and Foundation Stage. We help every child to grow up feeling confident about their own identity, in a spirit of friendship, understanding fairness and the rights of others, valuing diversity, and ready to be a British citizen. All the children at our school SHINE with possibility.
Every child deserves the best possible start in life and the support that enables them to fulfil their potential. Children develop quickly in the early years and a child’s experiences have a major impact on their future life chances. There are four principles which underpin our Early Years and Foundation Stage (EYFS) Curriculum:
- A unique child – every child is a competent learner from birth who can be resilient, capable, confident and self-assured.
- Positive relationships - so that children feel safe and cared for.
- Enabling environment – we provide a rich and varied environment which supports children’s learning and development. It gives them the confidence to explore and learn in a secure and safe, yet challenging, indoor and outdoor space.
- Learning and developing – children develop and learn in different ways and at different rates. In their play, children learn at their highest levels. We provide wide ranging and varied interests that engage and involve children for sustained periods.
Topics covered in our Nursery Curriculum include the following:
- Personal Social and Emotional Development
- Communication and Language
- Physical Development
- Understanding the World
- Expressive Art and Design.
Throughout the Nursery year we focus on the 3 prime areas of the Early Years Foundation Stage, which support your child’s Personal, Social and Emotional Development, Communication and Language and Physical Development to give your child the best opportunities to grow and flourish at the start of their educational journey.