We aim to meet the needs of all individuals within our Academy. Occasionally some children experience greater difficulties in aspects of their learning than others. They may be identified as having Special Educational Needs. In line with the new 0-25 Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEN) Code of Practice, September 2014, these children are offered SEN Support in a range of different ways targeted to meet their individual needs.
Their progress is closely monitored and reviewed at regular intervals by teachers with children and parents. If necessary the Academy is able to access many support agencies provided by the Local Authority in order to help meet their needs.
Involvement of children and families are at the heart of the SEND reforms, at Oasis Academy Limeside we provide a person centred approach to identify, assess and improve outcomes for children and young people with Special Educational Needs.
Who do I contact about SEND at Limeside?
Special Educational Needs and Disability Coordinator (SENDCo) – Mrs Emily Charles
Assistant SENDCo - Miss Samantha McCormick
Assistant SENDCo/Assistant Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) - Miss Nichola Beswick
- Who is responsible for supporting children with SEND at the academy?
- How do staff know if my child has SEN or a disability and needs extra help?
- What provision is available at Limeside?
- How will I be involved in my child's progress?
- What specialist support can the school access to support my child?
- How can the academy help with transition?